Last week we started to disassemble and prepared thr bogie boxes, but to do more things in parallel, we also have begun to look at the steering gear. Inside, there are no problems, the portions are slightly worn, yes they look as if they were new, but the house to the steering gear is cast and there is a lot of rust. So first action will be to knock off all the rust, clean and prime the steering gear exterior.
Today was the first working day, which got seven people together. We got a lot done, all boggie boxes were demounted and the final drive was lifted out of the hull.
So now the hull is cleaned and ready for blasting and priming.
How nice and airy, it will be in the workshop now when neither chassis nor the hull have to stand here and fill the space.