2 years with the 21-29

Almost two years have passed since we rolled m/21-29 into the workshop to launch the renovation.
2015-06-29_1

The first year we disassembled the cart bit by bit. There were a large number of pallets with parts, many of them tucked in pink plastic bags. Each and every part was well marked,  this makes it easier to replace every part in the right place.
2015-06-29_22015-06-29_32015-06-29_42015-06-29_5

This year has been spent with cleaning, sandblasting and painting the parts. We still have a lot of parts on pallets but now most of them are blasted and painted. The steering gear and the transmission have been refurbished. The engine and the transmission are mounted in the frame and soon the engine is ready for a test drive. The frame is blasted and painted, the bulk of the bogie boxes are made ready.
2015-06-29_62015-06-29_72015-06-29_82015-06-29_9

Now we have a well needed summer vacation but in August we start to work again. The first thing we should do is to make the motor package complete and install the bogies in the base.

Have a nice summer and we will be in touch in August.

The power pack

Now that the engine and transmission are in place in the motor frame, it is time to mount the cooling fan, water pump and all other details necessary for a functioning engine package.
2015-05-18_2

Thou the engine was dismounted from the carriage when we started the renovation, we hade no idea how the forward engine bracket was constructed. But shame on those who give up, we constructed our own bracket.
2015-05-18_12015-05-18_3

The power pack is mounted

Both engine and gearbox are mounted in the engine frame. Before mounting the engine and transmission have been completed and made ready. The engine is still completely “clean” but carburetors, magneto, starter motor and generator are completed and are ready for installation.

It is marvelous what a difference a little cleaning, sandblasting and painting can do!

2015-05-10_12015-05-10_2

The power pack is soon mounted.

The body has now been submitted for blasting and painting. We expect to get it back in late summer. The engine has been placed in its frame and preparations to assemble it with the gearbox is going on.

2015-04-27

The hull is now in the workshop and we have noted that there are a lot of cracks in it, probably caused by some stones which have been stuck in the tracks. Most of the cracks, are welded together but there is a much more to do before we can start assemble the boggies to the tracks.

 

The engine is in place in the motor frame

Now we have lifted the engine into the motor frame. The next step is to mount the gearbox. When it is in place it is time to mount the engine accessories.
2015-04-13_1

We have turned the base upside down to be able to mount the boggies. But it appears that the cart has been run in the terrain, though the base has taken a lot of damage, so before we can mount the boggies there is a lot of work to do.

2015-04-13_2